What is EM DevCo?
What will it do?
Reverse historic under-performance by building on the East Midlands’ significant economic potential.
Drive growth in a way which puts local people first, coordinates efforts across public and private stakeholders, and embraces sustainable technologies and sustainable developments.
Used focused resources and a clear remit to unlock potential and accelerate delivery.
How will it do it?
The Devco’s focus is on the three sites, whose potential we will progress and unlock via
- Facilitating alignment around a coherent vision for area regeneration
- Taking a comprehensive and integrated approach to planning & delivery, as opposed to piecemeal or adhoc development
- Bringing together the dedicated skills & capacity necessary to plan and deliver at strategic scale
- Providing certainty that de-risks investment in development and infrastructure projects of an exceptional magnitude
- Establishing a vehicle whose professionalism and credibility enables Government and private investors to deliver on levelling-up through long-term restructuring of the regional economy
- Accessing the commercial and public finance that enables delivery
- Be a platform for inward investment, marketing and promotion
- Identify and help secure infrastructure which unlocks investment and development
- Work with partners to connect communities to opportunities by investing in skills and connectivity